Tuesday, March 6, 2012

BLESSED WAS I/ BLESSED AM I

Blessed am I, for you were my father
Blessed am I, for you loved my mother
Blessed was I, for you gave me life
Blessed am I, for you taught me to look
To the stars...
In your gentleness, you told me all  the answers
To life's questions would be found there
If I studied, if I challenged, if I dared
All the science, the cosmos,
The spirit  and God!
Blessed am I,  for you taught me a desire to learn
Greater still, you taught me to love ...
Blessed was I
Blessed  am I...

6 comments:

  1. I wrote this for my father, Fred G. Dominguez, born February 29...forever my first Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaawwwww. Mom you are so wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often find it difficult to revisit my own writing; it is like reopenning old wounds. I continue to write for I still need to get stronger, only in reaching my full potential as a woman, can I become the human being I wish to become. I am forever grateful for my children and grandchilren, for my close friends and kind stagers that like my music and songs... How fortunate I have been, with all the sadness and tragedy of my experiences, I love my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was it a coincidence of serendipity or was it a pre-ordained commission chosen for us to have the blessings we take in the revelations of life..

    Que tengas buenas noches, hasta la próxima vez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your last review was written 7 days after my birthday (and into the end of the first week of Virgo ( http://lnk.ms/dqlk9)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, again. I am well pleased you take the time to read my thoughts. I share life easily. It comes easy and painless. I hold few secrets. I have little need of them. I feel free to express myself with anyone who is kind enough to respond. Wish that I were always the person that writes, thinks and ponders, but I am too passionate for that. My temper is my downfall...

      Delete